Radio Technology Services is responsible for the planning, design, installation, and maintenance of the voice communication systems and equipment used by the Department of Public Safety. This includes radio systems used by the Vermont State Police and the Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security and the Division of Fire Safety. RTS is responsible for the network of twelve telephone systems used by all units of DPS, except for fire safety. Radio services provided through RTS for the VCOMM system support the operations of all state, county and municipal first responder agencies in the state. Through the VLETS message switching system, RTS provides secure, restricted-access data communications to all U.S. state, county and municipal law enforcement agencies and to Canada.
Terry LaValley, Radio Technology Services Director
Key service areas include:
- Land Mobile Radio technology for state agencies and departments, county sheriff's departments, municipal police, fire service, and Emergency Medical Services personnel statewide
- The Vermont Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (VLETS)--the gateway technology for every law enforcement agency in Vermont for accessing criminal justice information
- Department of Public Safety telephone systems--the need for reliable telephone services at our offices is essential for public safety operations
- Vermont microwave radio system that connects dispatch centers throughout the state with dozens of mountain-top radio transmitters and hundreds of mobile and hand-held two-way radio devices
- Law enforcement speed enforcement radar repair program
Our staff serves customers statewide. View this printable organizational chart.